[GRASS-announce] GRASS-Wiki: new OSGeo-ID login method activated

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Feb 13 10:07:37 PST 2024

Dear all,

As of February 2024, we are happy to announce that the GRASS Wiki (
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/) is connected to the OSGeo authentication
system!
Many thanks to Regina Obe from OSGeo-SAC (
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Robe).

*What does it mean?*

In order to keep spammers out of the system and to simplify the overall
OSGeo login experience, the centralized OSGeo login method is also
activated for the GRASS GIS Wiki.
Please note that your current GRASS-Wiki username/password will no longer
work here in favor of the OSGeo-ID already used elsewhere (OSGeo-Wiki etc.).

*What do I need to log in?*

As before, no login is required to read the wiki content.

To edit the Wiki, you need to login with your OSGeo-ID (technically your
OSGeo-LDAP account). If you do not have an OSGeo-ID yet, please register
here: https://www.osgeo.org/community/getting-started-osgeo/osgeo_userid/ .

*What if I already have a GRASS-Wiki account?*

The first time you log in to the GRASS-Wiki with your OSGeo-ID, your
existing old user account will be merged with the OSGeo-ID. This should
work automatically. If not, please contact me directly.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Markus

--
Markus Neteler, PhD