Problem with installation on SGI's

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Tue Apr 21 08:28:42 EDT 1992

Check for permissions on all the directories in /u/cipag0/grass/data.
They should be at a minimium r-x for everybody. And spearfish and global
should be rwx for everybody. Also please be more specific when you say
you are "unable to access the databases". What exactly is the problem.

|I am having some probelms installing Grass on SG Personal Iris's running
|Version 3.3.2 of IRIX.
|
|I am unable to access the databases. I have set up the directories as:
|
|			/u/cipag0/grass
|		 _______________|_______________
|		|	|	|	|	|
|		src	bin	sgi	data	src/related etc...
|				 _______|_______
|				|		|
|				spearfish	global
|				|		|
|				PERMANENT	PERMANENT
|			 _______|	 _______|
|			|||||||||	|||||||||

|Is this correct for these setup variables:
|
|DEFAULT_DATABASE = /u/cipag0/grass/data
|DEFAULT_LOCATION = spearfish
|
|Thank You
|
|David Chatterton
|davidc at bruce.cs.monash.edu.au

Michael Shapiro                        U.S. Army CERL
email:   shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil  Environmental Division
phone:   (217) 352-6511  ext 526       P.O. Box 9005
fax:     (217) 373-7222                Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005