Trouble with v.in.arc

Harry Sharp sharp at snuff.csd.scarolina.edu
Sun Feb 2 18:24:06 EST 1992

Greetings!

	This is my first posting to this list, so please excuse any
breaches of Netiquette.

	I am trying to use the v.in.arc function (program?) to read
a file in ARC/INFO GENERATE format.  The function cannot seem to open
the file for reading, no matter where I am in the directory structure
and regardless of the protections on the file.

	Needless to say, this is quite frustrating when I can see the
file, vi it, and see no problem with it.  I also am trying to evaluate
GRASS for a seminar report which is due in a few days.

	Any help is appreciated.  Even that of the, "Well, dummy, it's
right there in the manual" sort.

Harry Sharp

 USMail : Office of Institutional Research, USC, Columbia, SC 29208
 E-mail : sharp at snuff.csd.scarolina.edu (or) usceast.cs.scarolina.edu
 Lifetime Member Bear and Otter Lovers Society