converting from Grass 3 to 4.0

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Tue Jan 28 14:17:45 EST 1992

|----- Begin Included Message -----

|----- End Included Message -----

|The issue of the variable 'border' is that new to 4.0?
|Because this code worked in 3.

Yes, it is new to 4.0. It didn't occur on Sun machines, but on other
platforms.  It isn't so much GRASS as it is that something out there in
Unix changed between releases. But perhaps it isn't the problem in your case.

|	If the culprit is G_find_cell(), I will check this afternoon,
| what is different about it. I am programming on the same machine,
| same location and mapset same user and group....
| what else could be different... I have gone back and run the 3 version after
| the 4 has died? It seems odd. Can any of us take a look at the
| 4.0 programmers manual before it is released?

The programmer's manual isn't ready yet. I have been dragging my heels
on it.  However, I don't think the 4.0 programmer's manual won't help
you here.  These calls haven't changed, so the 3.0 manual is ok. The
major changes to 4.0 are to the raster color tables, Colors structure
and related subroutine interface, as well as a fairly major rework of
the vector library calls. Can you email me a copy of your code so I can
see if (1) the bug can be reporduced here at CERL and if so (2) see if
I can spot what's wrong.

Michael Shapiro