v.db.rim questions

Prasanna Kumar Kondapaneni prasanna at forestry.auburn.edu
Thu Jun 4 09:59:51 EDT 1992

Hello grass growers,

	I posted the following questions to grassu-list a couple of
days ago.  Since none of the users has replied, thought the programmers'
list might help.  Here are the questions:

	1.  Here's my little problem:
	   I have a simple database with the following fields:
	         name     type
	         ==============
		label      int
	        volume     int
	and other fields.  What I'd like to do is, to set volume to some
	value, say, 100 for all records with label = 5.

	In the command line version, we can do this by making a query and
	using the change command (with -l switch).  Is there a way of
	doing the same thing in the menu (interactive) version?

	2.  When I am using the cmd version, I can read attributes
	from a vector map by using the .read_vect command with
	a field name, e.g.,
		.read_vect vector_map label <Enter>
	It appears to me that we can't do this in the interactive version.
	Is this true?

	Thanks in advance,

-- Prasanna