v.spline?

Jerry Ballard ballard at mc1.wes.army.mil
Tue Mar 17 08:51:09 EST 1992

  Hi fellow grass programmers!

     I was wondering if anyone has written any GRASS4.0 software to
  do b-spline smoothing on a vector file.  I know that r.poly has an
  option to smooth the corners, but I need polygons with very smooth
  edges.

  Thank you.

  Jerry Ballard
  Spatial Data Systems Team
  Waterways Experiment Station
  United States Army Corp Engineers

  P.S.
    I'm really pleased that the OGI has provided this e-mail ability.
  Communication between GRASS programmers is essential.

  P.P.S
    I have some GRASS software that will read DMA Interm Terrain Data (ITD)
  into GRASS vector format.  It's usable, but still needs polishing up.
  Drop me a line if you are interested.

| USACE-WES-EN-A             | FAX:       (601) 634-3842             |
| ATTN: Jerry Ballard, EN-A  | Voice:     (601) 634-2946             |
| 3909 Halls Ferry Rd.       | e-mail:    ballard at mc1.wes.army.mil   |
| Vicksburg, MS  39180       |                                       |