v.out.moss problems

Kenn Gardels gardels at ced.berkeley.edu
Wed May 13 23:30:23 EDT 1992

I have been working a bit with v.out.moss, to convert a bunch of digit
files into a form which has complete polygons, rather than arc-node
topology (for input into a modeling program).  On certain files, I get
segmentation faults in the area_to_moss routine.  Some experimentation
indicated that this occurred at the call to Vect_destroy_line_struct.
By adding an fflush(moss) just before that, I at least get the entire
file written out most of the time.  I still get seg faults on a few
files though - they are consistent in terms of which file and at which
polygon within the file, but I can't find any common element - size of
polygon, number of nodes, nested islands, location in file - nothing.

I will keep banging on this, but I wondered if anyone else had had the same
problem and if they were able to fix it.

Thanks!
-kenn gardels, ucb-regis