Testing for presence of monitors

Conn Copas C.V.Copas at lut.ac.uk
Wed Dec 15 06:36:18 EST 1993

I have what I hope is a simple X question for any gurus out there. I am
starting GRASS monitors by sending 'rsh' commands to a remote machine for
display locally. As the monitors take same time to be produced, I want my
program to suspend until it is OK to start writing to the new window. So, I
presumably need to poll the client with some diagnostic. Note that simply
inspecting UX processes on that machine is not sufficient; the process appears
before the window is ready for writing. The client is an HP9000/750; X11R5.

--
Conn V Copas
Loughborough University of Technology          tel : +44 (0)509 222689