keysym problems

Anthony Anger geaa at wrasse.jcu.edu.au
Tue Dec 21 04:11:20 EST 1993

Hi All,

	we recently installed grass and xgrass on a sun sparcstation2.
One annoying problem we have encountered though, is as xgrass runs it
generates a lot of error messages complaining about unknown keysyms.

such as:

ikarus-aanger 1> xgrass4.1
Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfActivate
Warning: ... found while parsing '<Key>osfActivate:	ManagerGadgetSelect() '
Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfSelect
Warning: ... found while parsing '	 <Key>osfSelect:	ManagerGadgetSelect() '
Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfHelp
Warning: ... found while parsing '	 <Key>osfHelp:		ManagerGadgetHelp() '
Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfBeginLine

This occurs even though the XKeySymDB which came with xgrass has been
appended to /usr/openwin/lib/XKeySymDB as recommended by the
installation guide.

Has anybody else encountered similar problems ?  Or perhaps know a
solution to ours.  Much thanks in advance for any help hints or advice.

				Anthony.
				( geaa at wrasse.jcu.edu.au )