Motif 1.2 and XGRASS

Andreas Holz holz at oi32.kwu.siemens.de
Tue Dec 28 04:28:08 EST 1993

>         Hi there,
>
>         I have compiled xgrass on the HP9000 series machines using X11R5
>     and motif 1.2. I encountered problems with keyboard input on the database
>     window and an error with the xclip module. At first I thought this was
>     an HP specific problem, until... Recently one of my colleagues compiled
>     the same code GRASS 4.1 for the SUN on his SUN system using MIT's X11R5
>     and Motif 1.2 (IXI) and had the same problems. Does anyone have any
>     ideas or comments? I would sure appreciate them.
> --
>
>                                         Joe Plesha
>                                         jplesha at bgdem1.cr.usgs.gov
>
>    __________________________________________________________________________
>    | HOME OF GRASS ON HP9000s       |   HP 9000/385   HPUX 9.0              |
>    |------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>    | U. S. Geological Survey, BGP   |   bgdem1.cr.usgs.gov  (136.177.80.2)  |
>    | Electromagnetic Studies        |   Phone: (303) 236-1398               |
>    | Denver, Colorado  80225        |   Anonymous FTP site for HP GRASS     |

Hello Joe,

	yes, You are in problems if You want to use XGRASS4.1 and MOTIF >= 1.2.

	I'm still trying to run all XGRASS modules on LINUX and MOTIF 1.2.2 and
	I'm currently debugging xdigit.

	Did You use the backward compatibility flag while compiling XGRASS?

	-DXM_1_1_BC

	GRASS is not ANSI C, did You use something equivalent to -traditional (gcc) or
	-cckr (IRIS Indigo)?

	Please hold me up to date!