Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area

Anne Gisiger anne at cast.uark.edu
Wed Mar 31 17:01:27 EST 1993

Hello

I have vector layers in the Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area projection that I
need to use in GRASS.

Does anyone know if GRASS can deal with this projection i.e.:
	- is it possible to create a Lambert Azimuthal location, and
	- could layers in any of GRASS predefined projections be
          transformed into Lambert Azimuthal using v.proj?

I was told that GRASS used to allow the creation of user-defined ellipsoids?
If it is still possible it might be a solution to my problem. Do you have
any ideas about how it is done?

Anne Gisiger, Research Assistant                 FAX: (501) 575-3846
CAST, Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies   TEL: (501) 575-6159
12 Ozark Hall, University of Arkansas
Fayetteville AR 72701                             anne at cast.uark.edu