4.1 compile failure: v.cutter

Greg Koerper greg at towhee.cor2.epa.gov
Fri May 14 11:39:43 EDT 1993

Kenn,

Thanks for the message.  Given Sun's unbundling of the C compiler, I'm trying
to wean myself off of cc.  And now I'm almost finished (I've got some
problem in the last item of XGRASS, xgrass/xdigit, to look at from last
night's compilation).

I had one other rather strange event I haven't tracked down yet.  I used
setup in a normal fashion, but it failed to place the -I flag for the
compiler as a prefix for $XMINCPATH, the Motif include path.  This brought
the XGRASS compilation to a halt.  I manually edited the file CMD/head/sun4
to patch the Gmakefile problem, but I haven't had time to explore the setup
script yet to figure out what happened.

Anyone have a similar event?

greg

Greg Koerper                            Internet: greg at heart.cor.epa.gov
ManTech Environmental Technology, Inc.  UUCP:     hplabs!hp-pcd!orstcs!koerper
US EPA Environmental Research Lab
200 SW 35th St., JSB
Corvallis, OR   97333           "The 90s will make the 60s look like the 50s.
(503) 754-4490                          Just ask your kids."
 fax:  (503) 754-4338