4.1 compile failure:

Martin Ameskamp ma at informatik.uni-kiel.dbp.de
Fri May 14 13:26:42 EDT 1993

> I had one other rather strange event I haven't tracked down yet.  I used
> setup in a normal fashion, but it failed to place the -I flag for the
> compiler as a prefix for $XMINCPATH, the Motif include path.  This brought
> the XGRASS compilation to a halt.  I manually edited the file CMD/head/sun4
> to patch the Gmakefile problem, but I haven't had time to explore the setup
> script yet to figure out what happened.
>
> Anyone have a similar event?

	Yep, same happened to me (on HP UX 8.05, gcc 2.3.3)
	There are also one or two problems with other xgrass modules:
	in src/xgrass/libes/Xgi/Interact.c, line 491, our X release
	didn't know about XtInheritFocusMovedProc, changing from
	Xt to Xm made it compile (haven't run it yet). Is that specific
	to HP (Motif 1.1)?

	Also, when trying to link xgrass4.1.exe, I get the unsatisfied
	symbol _XtGetCallbackList. This is declared as an external function
	and used in src/xgrass/libes/Xgi/Help.c (lines 1033 & 1041 resp.).
	It is defined on our Suns and even SCO UNIX knows about it, but
	HP (grumble...). Any ideas what to do? Is it really necessary?

	Martin
--
Martin Ameskamp, Inst. f. Informatik I (Computing Dept.)
Kiel University, Olshausenstr. 40, 2300 Kiel, Germany
email: ma at informatik.uni-kiel.dbp.de