SunOS 4.1.3 or Solaris 2.X

Glenn C. Kroeger gkroeger at physics.trinity.edu
Fri Nov 5 20:41:25 EST 1993

We want to use the xgrass modules in GRASS4.1. We are currently running SunOS
4.1.3 with no Motif code. We have two choices, the first is to switch to a
vanilla X11R5 server and buy a Motif toolkit from a third party such as ICS or
Black and White Software. The other choice would be to install SunOS 2.3 and
acquire Sun's Motif Development Kit. The latter choice is inevitable but now
may be to soon!?

Has anyone compiled 4.1 on Solaris 2.2?  How bad was it?

What Motif libraries have been used on SunOS 4.1.3 and what are the caveats?

Any comments or case histories would be helpful.

Thanks

Glenn C. Kroeger, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Geology
Director of Environmental Studies