r.binfer on RS6000

John Zuzek john at saic.rsd.saic.com
Fri Nov 19 15:06:56 EST 1993

I am experiencing problems running r.binfer on an RS6000 platform.
I attempted to run the script avalanche.binf located in the r.binfer
script directory.  The program read the input files and queried me
for specific parameters succesfully.  upon answering the questions
and beginning the actual work an error occurred that stated :

	r.binfer: Error allocating memory for [high]

Has anyone experienced this problem?  Any possible fixes?  We have
48mb of RAM amd 128mb of swap space set.

Thanks in advance.

John
john at saic.rsd.saic.com