Reading TIFF files, Xgen scripts

martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl
Fri Apr 8 09:04:50 EDT 1994

I would like to thank those who tried to help me with my problems with
r.in.sunrast. I eventually solved the entire problem by compiling
r.in.tiff (an SCS contrib) which works like a charm.

I'm now trying to put together a demo about rectification procedures in
Grass (using Xgen). I would like to use the option to display pixmaps,
but I haven't figured out yet how I can create these. Isn't there a
`pixmap' utility in X just like there is a `bitmap' utility? Has anyone
got examples of Xgen scripts that use lots of different resources? I
would be grateful for any help....

P. Martijn van Leusen

Institute of Prehistory, University of Amsterdam
martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl