grass & SOLARIS 2.3

Ronald Wiemer ronald at archis.nl
Fri Feb 18 16:11:11 EST 1994

Hi,

I have tried to reprogram the connection bewteen the XDRIVER and the grass
display programs, using message queues instead of fifo's.
I have succeeded to a large extend. The XDRIVER has become much faster.
There are a few remaining problems.

The XDRIVER reads a message queue. While waiting for input it cannot handle
Xevents. This could probably be solved by using a signal or something like that.
I don't know how to handle signals. Is there someone who can have a look at
the code, and give some advise on how to solve this?

Thanks,

Ronald Wiemer