Motif 1.2.x & X11R5

Chris W Skelly gewcs at jcu.edu.au
Tue Jan 11 16:10:21 EST 1994

Hi Again Guys,

At the risk of being rude 8-() I'd like to repeat my previous
question, which was not meant to be snotty (really!).

My question was: why is a public domain package such as GRASS
being made dependent upon a commercial product -- Motif? Is
CERL locking itself into a commercial product because it can make
pretty buttons? <--- ok this bit is cheeky

I ask simply because I use products like Ximage which do not
use motif (no fancy 3d buttons on screen), but still have all the
menus and x functionality...and it doesn't lock the user into
a commercial product....

Cheers,
Chris