Motif 1.2.x & X11R5

Joe Plesha root at bgdem1.cr.usgs.gov
Mon Jan 10 12:52:51 EST 1994

        Hello,

   I don't know where everyone is on the discusion of XGRASS and compiling
   it under Motif 1.2.x and X11R5. As far as I know the compile of XGRASS was
   meant for X11R4 & Motif 1.1. Every machine we haved tried it on with X11R5
   and Motif 1.2.x has failed with modification to a couple of Xt calls
   and the header files to several routines in the XGRASS library directories.
   the change from Motif 1.1 to Motif 1.2 was a major one. I'm not expecting
   to get XGRASS to function properly without some help from CERL. Andreas
   I was wondering what changes were made to the code you made to get XGRASS
   to compile?  The manage widget is a problem since some of the calls changed
   between Motif versions. I've tracked down some of my problems but when I get
   to the widget level I start to assume that the error is embedded in the
   library routines and how they function between versions of Motif. I think
   it will take the original programmer to figure out the problem since they
    know the code and what is expected of the widget.
--

                                        Joe Plesha
                                        jplesha at bgdem1.cr.usgs.gov

   | HOME OF GRASS ON HP9000s       |   HP 9000/385   HPUX 9.0              |
   | U. S. Geological Survey, BGP   |   bgdem1.cr.usgs.gov  (136.177.80.2)  |
   | Electromagnetic Studies        |   Phone: (303) 236-1398               |
   | Denver, Colorado  80225        |   Anonymous FTP site for HP GRASS     |