grass4.0/grass3.0 color tables

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Wed Jan 12 12:22:00 EST 1994

Jerry Ballard writes:

> Does anyone have or know of a utility program that converts
> GRASS4.0 color tables back into the old GRASS3.0 color table
> format?
>
> I'm trying to display GRASS layers in ARC-INFO (gasp! Can I say
> that word on this list?) and it appears that the ARC-INFO image
> command can only display GRASS layers that have the old color table
> format.

Can't help you with converting one to the other, but imagegrid *will* read
GRASS4* files if you move or delete the GRASS color table. Also, remember to
uncompress the raster data (r.compress -u). You'll have to either create your
own color table in grid or use a stock one.

Regards,
--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159