grass4.0/grass3.0 color tables

David Gerdes dpgerdes at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Thu Jan 13 13:36:27 EST 1994

In article <9401121547.AA05036 at zen.WES.ARMY.MIL> you write:

>Does anyone have or know of a utility program that converts
>GRASS4.0 color tables back into the old GRASS3.0 color table
>format?
>
>I'm trying to display GRASS layers in ARC-INFO (gasp! Can I say
>that word on this list?) and it appears that the ARC-INFO image
>command can only display GRASS layers that have the old color table
>format.
>
>Many thanks,
>
>  Jerry Ballard

When Michael designed the 4.0 color tables, I stressed how nice and
simple the 3.0 format was, and that somebody was going to want the
old format.  So I urged him to provide backwards compatibility.  I
am happy to say that it is there.  All you need to do is
set the environment flag:  FORCE_GRASS3_COLORS  and then
any color tables that are created will be written in that format.

I think a g.resample will force the color table to be rewritten as
well as the cell file itself.
--
  David Gerdes
  US Army Construction Engineering Research Lab
  dpgerdes at zorro.cecer.army.mil