HELP NEEDED -- HOW TO READ A TM FILE WITHIN GRASS

Kuo-Chen Chang harry at atlas.socsci.umn.edu
Fri Jan 21 10:01:31 EST 1994

Thanks in advance for your attention and help.

Could some kind heart provide me with some hints about how to read a TM or
SPOT image file into GRASS?  We would like to use our local image for
teaching purposes and could not figure out how to have it done.

We do have a 9 tract tape drive attached to an old PC ERDAS which is now
out of order.   If possible, we also would like to connect this tape drive
to the Linux so that we can read the files from tape directly.  At this
moment, how to read an image file is the first priority.  Thanks again.

Harry

*  Don't take life too seriously!  You will never get out of it alive!   *
* Harry K.C. Chang            Social Sciences Research Facilities Center *
* harry at atlas.socsci.umn.edu  #25 Blegen Hall                            *
* (612)625-3899               University of Minnesota,  MPLS, MN55455    *
* 04-252-2678                 Associate Professor                        *
*                             Land management Department                 *
*                             Feng-Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan     *