Non-interactive access to Grass, change of LOCATION

martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl
Tue Jul 5 09:57:39 EDT 1994

Hello,

	I want to enter and leave Grass without going through the
interactive entry and exit screens, preferably by entering something like
"grass -d -l<location.name> -m<mapset.name>", the -d meaning "with
default settings". As I understand it this can be done by changing
GIS.sh. Does anybody have such a GIS.sh that I can copy?
	I also want to be able to migrate to another LOCATION without
leaving Grass first, so: g.location location=<location.name>
[mapset=<mapset.name>].

I know there has been mail on these subjects, but I can't track it down
in my own archive. Perhaps some-one reading this did a better job...

P. Martijn van Leusen
Institute of Prehistory, University of Amsterdam   martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl