using CELL monitor

martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl
Wed Jul 27 09:50:24 EDT 1994

To be able to create high resolution (2000 x 2666) PostScript output to a
slidewriter, I uncommented the lines pertaining to the CELL monitor in
the monitorcap file and inserted CELL_HEIGHT and CELL_WIDTH values into
my .grassrc file. I then started the CELL monitor, set the region to
contain a very high number of cells, and issued display commands for
several map layers. Stopping the CELL monitor, I expected the newly
created raster map layer D_cell to have a 2000 x 2666 size, but it
didn't. It was only 640 x 480 cells in size. I suspect this must have
been hardwired in the CELL driver. Can anyone confirm this and supply a
method of changing these values?

P. Martijn van Leusen
Institute of Prehistory, University of Amsterdam   martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl