Problem with DXF

N R A nra at cix.compulink.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 15:41:00 EDT 1994

A while back I asked for help with a problem using the v.in.dxf function.
Thanks to all who gave suggestions as the possible cause of my
difficulties.

I've tracked down the problem to the POLYLINE statement and how GRASS
handles the ARC. The problem was that Autocad was producing the DXF file
with the finish angle being less than the start angle, e.g. finish at 5
degrees, start at 270 degrees. GRASS didn't like that and instead
generated a line consisting of a single point - not much of a line really
 8-)

I've amended the source code for the v.in.dxf ARC routine to check that
finish is >= start and if not increment the finish by 360 degrees.

My question is - how do I get this (or a better solution if someone has
one) incorporated into the standard GRASS release.

Cheers,

Steve Culshaw
NRA North West
e-mail : nra at cix.compulink.co.uk (use this for general usage)