tcl/tk

Ken Sibley ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov
Tue Mar 22 16:47:48 EST 1994

> I snagged what was in moon:grass/incoming and tried to compile
> using gcc 2.5.5 and Solaris 2.3. After a slew of warnings such as:
>
> view.c: In function `viewEventHandler':
> view.c:297: warning: passing arg 1 of `Tk_DoWhenIdle' from incompatible pointer type
>
> it died when it couldn't find tkConfig.h and tkInt.h.
>
> Is this part of tk or is it missing from the distribution?
> (I'm trying to get by with the tk/tcl includes/libs already
> installed here - did the sys admins forget to install these files?)
>
> --Darrell

Sorry for that last message.

Darrell,

I compiled the tcl/tk stuff from moon today using our existing tcl and tk software.  The two
files in question are located int the tk3.6 directory.  This is set in the Makefile with
the TK= which I am sure you already know.  I only had to modify directories and
things compiled fine; using SunOS 4.1.3 and cc.

Look for the tkConfig.h and tkInt.h files in the tk directory.  We are using tcl7.3 and
tk3.6.

Ken Sibley
USDA-SCS
ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov