tcltkgrass driver

PoKung Lin pklin at CERF.NET
Thu Mar 24 08:39:49 EST 1994

Darrell,

  While I am compiling on USL UNIX SVR4.2 I got similar warning
messages. You may find correct type for those incompatible arguments
in include/tk.h and include/tcl.h and then cast them.

  I havn't tried to display site data. But vector and raster display
seems work well. Here is the sequence mouse click that you tried:

	1. invoke supperview and choose the view top left iconized
	button, click it.
	2. choose a type of the map you want to display.
	3. choose a map you want to display
	4. click add maplayer button
	5. choose a color
	6. then click Apply buttom or any 3 button on the supperview
	   window on the left (next to the very top one)

  My supperview window still not work well. Here are the problems:

	1. Whenever after an other window overlay on it, the overlay
	   part of that window will stay on the superview, untill you
	   do a redisplay.

	2. I couldn't do add grid. It give me a core dump.

  I havn't tried whole a lot of other functions on the main menu bar.
  However I tried display text. it only asks you for size and color,
  but not text input. I tried to redirect the text from standard
  input and it does not work at all. I am wondering I did something
  wrong or it's a bug?

  Very last question, how can we draw text on supperview window
  instead of draw on "X0, X1, X2, ..." window? If so, can we
  access UNIX system font sets instead of using GRASS font set?

  Thank you for all the people that share their time with me to
  dig the problem out.

		PK Lin
		E-mail: pklin at cerf.net
		Tel: (617)942-1655