Problem installing SCS mapgen

Alejandro Hinojosa Corona alhinc at cicese.mx
Mon Oct 24 14:19:49 EDT 1994

Greetings from Baja California:

I am having problems installing the SCS module
of mapgen. The trouble is when gmake4.1 is in the misc directory
and it runs the setup_map shell. I think the problem is in
the mapdef program that in turn calls proj, and proj needs
some sort of initialization. Previously I've succesfully installed
PROJ.4 with make.

The following is the piece of code in setup_map where the error
occurs:

   find etc -print | cpio -ocv | (cd ${GRAPH}; cpio -idumcv)
   PATH=$PATH:$GRAPH/bin; export PATH
-> $GRAPH/bin/mapdef $GRAPH/etc/showfont/map.def < etc/showfont/map.def.par

and the following is the error message:

etc/HPGL
5642 blocks
<proj>:
projection initialization failure
cause: no system list, errno: 2

program abnomally terminated
</im/grass/mapgen/bin/mapdef>: invalid header

Do you know how can i fix it. Thanks in advance :)

Alejandro Hinojosa
Research Associate
Earth Science Division
CICESE (Centro de Investigacion Cientifica y Educacion Superior de Ensenada)
Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico.

Mailing address: P.O. Box 434843
                 San Diego Ca. 92143-4843
voice; (01152)6674-4501 to 08 fax:(01152)6674-4933
email: alhinc at cicese.mx  (158.97.1.33)