Using tcl was Re: redirecting stderr

GRASS 4.0 grass at holstein.age.uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 15 12:31:01 EDT 1994

> are a lot of people programming with tcl and tk?  I've got
> an application I'd like to put a cool front end on.  I just
> wondered if any standards and documentation had been developed
> for using tcl with grass.  I've got tcltkgrass which works well
> but the version I have has no documentation about programming
> (or anything at all).  is anything happening!

TCL/TK is being used in many applications, including GRASS.  Any
application that can be used on the command line or a script can easily
be implemented.

GRASS has some oddities
	(see Re:redirecting standard error - yesterday)
but I have made a basic vis tool for several specific applications.
It is also amenable for use in integrating GRASS to database
applications.  In particilar, I made a specific tool that uses
INFORMIX directly and GRASS for spatial queries.

Of course this could be done on the C level as the inf tools
but I would not know about C....

If you are serious about TCL/TK you may want the manual though...

> cheers   tom  8-)
>

> Tom Charnock                       O--O
> Dept Civil Engineering            (~~~~)
> Aston University                 (  __  )
> Birmingham B4 7ET UK             /|\  /|\
> charnotw at sun.aston.ac.uk

Keith M. Mitchell
University of Illinois
Dept. Of Ag. Engineering