24 bit display problems?

charnotw charnotw at helios.aston.ac.uk
Thu May 4 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Hi

we've just acquired a 24 bit graphics card for one of
our machines.  There was no documentation with it and all
it sayes on the box is

S5 Graphics Upgrade to S24

and

SBus Expansion Card

we are using SUN SPARCstation5's with Solaris 2.3 and Open Windows
GRASS works fine on the machine without the card however when
we try and start a monitor we get the message:

X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  78 (X_CreateColormap)
  Serial number of failed request:  269
Please start graphics monitor <x0>.
Error - Graphics monitor <x0> not running!
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
Please start graphics monitor <x0>.
Error - Graphics monitor <x0> not running!

has anyone come across this problem, what is the status of
GRASS and 24bit display?

cheers   Tom  8-)

Tom Charnock                       O--O
Dept Civil Engineering            (~~~~)
Aston University                 (  __  )
Birmingham B4 7ET UK             /|\  /|\
charnotw at sun.aston.ac.uk