DGN->GRASS?

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Wed May 17 08:00:00 EDT 1995

I don't know of any direct DGN-to-GRASS translators. What you should do
is go back to the source of your DGN files and ask them to save them as
DXF instead. Alternatively, if they have Intergraph's MGE software as
well, they may be able to write in a variety of other formats, such as
DLG, or ASCII (using MGE ASCII Loader). You must understand that
MicroStation is a serious CAD package, and the DGN data structure
reflects a number of data elements that simply are not available in
GRASS vector format; thus, writing a translator becomes a very involved
excercise.

        -Malcolm Williamson