batch processing in GRASS

Bill Brown brown at cecer.army.mil
Mon Dec 16 07:00:00 EST 1996

When GRASS writes a raster file, it is really writing to a
tmp file, using the PID to generate a name in the user's
$LOCATION/.tmp/machinename directory.  When the file is
CLOSED, it is renamed to the cell directory, so I would
guess that the process that finishes last will overwrite
the previously generated files.

- Bill