GRASS sources

Martin Ameskamp ma at informatik.uni-kiel.d400.de
Mon Feb 26 07:00:00 EST 1996

> HELP for my thesis!!!!
>
> Hi, I'm Alberto from Turin's University (ITALY).

        Hi.

> I'm interested in source files of the routines in GIS library, Raster library
, Display
> library, .....
> Where can I find them???????

        1) ftp://moon.cecer.army.mil/grass

        2) ftp://ftp.informatik.uni-kiel.de/pub/packages/grass

        2) doesn't have all that 1) has (e.g. no binaries), but you might
        want to try 2) first, coming from Italy.

> I need to know how they work on the database files!!
> Which is the structure of the struct colors.
> Where I can find this kind of information????

        grass4.1/documents/manuals/programming/progman.ps
        in one of the above directories contains the GRASS programmer's manual.
        Extremely helpful!

        If you have www access, try
        http://www.cecer.army.mil/grass/GRASS.main.html

        Good luck, Martin
--
Martin Ameskamp, Inst. f. Informatik I (Computing Dept.)
Kiel University, Olshausenstr. 40, 24118 Kiel, Germany