our conversation this morning

David Stigberg stigberg at diego.cecer.army.mil
Wed Jul 24 08:00:00 EDT 1996

For your  eyes only:

Darrell:

I am dismayed that you and CASE will not be attending the meeting here in
Champaign next week. Frankly, I fear that this may bespeak a decision on
CASE's part reflecting lack of confidence in what AEA is doing, and what
I am doing, regarding the data dictionary effort and SDTS.

I also wonder what this means in terms of adoption of SDTS by AEA? Has CASE
given up on this?  My thinking is that, as you know, there are many anti-SDTS
voices and pro shape-table voics in AEA, and your absence from the meeting
tends to weaken any chance of AEA adoption.

Perhaps this is paranoid and it is probably unprofessional on my part to be
writing like this, but what the heck.

I would have called you about this but didn't want to disturb you. Any chance
you could call me back at your convenience?

And again, thanks for all your help so far.

-David

David Stigberg                         email:   stigberg at diego.cecer.army.mil
USACERL                                phone:   (217) 352-6511 x7631, x4420
P.O. Box 9005                            fax:   (217) 373-7222
Champaign, IL 61826-9005