USGS orthophoto (DOQ) image import into GRASS?

Howard Foster hfoster at CS.Berkeley.EDU
Wed May 22 08:00:00 EDT 1996

Hi all,

We have some USGS orthophoto quads to import into grass.
These are not JPEGS but GRASSraster-like files with
ascii headers and binary data values.  Since I don't
see an "r.in.USGSortho", I'm guessing that I can strip
the header information, make a GRASS raster header out
of it, and import the values as coverage data, perhaps
after conversion to ASCII (essentially doing r.in.ascii).
Before I get started, is there anyone who has already done
this and can give me some pointers?

Thanks for listening,

-Howard
--