FTP incoming problem

Martin Ameskamp ma at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Sat Sep 7 08:00:00 EDT 1996

> Hello
>
> When I first downloaded the software for GRASS4.1 the incoming directory at t
he
> following website:
>       ftp://moon.cecer.army.mil/pub/grass/incoming
> contained many grass update programs etc..
>
> About two or three months ago, I noticed that whenever I linked to the above
> ftp site, nothing appeared in the directory. I assumed someone cleaned the
> directory and that possibly CERL no longer maintained the incoming directory.
>
> I just read a message on the grass users list that said that files could be
> accesed at the following site:
>       ftp://moon.cecer.army.mil/pub/grass/incoming/Vector
> Sure enough, linking to this site produces a listing of the vector files.
> However when choosing the "Up to higher level directory" link on this page,
> again the resulting page lists no files or directories including the link to
> the Vector page which I had just visited.

        Hi there,

        I don't have any idea what happened to the main GRASS site.
        I seem to remember some plans to reorganize incoming, but don't
        know what came of it.

        Anyway, before I start speculating - most of the items on
        incoming (as of Jan 96) can be found on
        ftp://ftp.informatik.uni-kiel.de/pub/packages/grass/incoming/
        No large binaries, though.

        Hope this helps,  Martin
--
Martin Ameskamp, Inst. f. Informatik I (Computing Dept.)
Kiel University, Olshausenstr. 40, 24118 Kiel, Germany