Problems with Linux Installation

Martin Habermeyer Martin.Habermeyer at dlr.de
Thu Oct 30 07:00:00 EST 1997

Hello,

I just installed GRASS 4.1.5 on my Linux machine.
When I log into GRASS, it seems to start alright, but the prompt
(GRASS-GRID> or anything similar) doesn't occur. When typing any command
I get the error message "bash: <command>: command not found".
The execution of "exit" shows that I've actually been in GRASS, because
now I'm prompted for all those saving routines of the various layers.
Does anybody know, what goes wrong ?

Cheers, Martin

|           *                   Martin
 Habermeyer                              |
|         * *                   Institute for Radio Frequency
 Technology       |
|       *   *                   DLR - German Aerospace Research
 Establishment  |
|   *************               P.O. Box 11
 16                                 |
|  *   *   *   *                D-82230
 Wessling                               |
 GERMANY                                        |
 Martin.Habermeyer at dlr.de                |
|     * *                       Phone:
 +49.(0)8153.28-2331                     |
|     *   DLR
 -2303                     |