xgrass4.1 porting problems
lt660 at ipisun.jpte.hu
Tue Oct 14 08:00:00 EDT 1997
I have installed the grass4.1 from the distributed sources on a SCO
OpenServer 5.0.2 system. It works to some extent with the "answers" demo
database but the xgrass shows up strange effects:
- the xgrass help system sometime crashes when leaving a
widget by pressing the "Done" button, it is unable to "redispay"
the help widget behind the terminated one;
- some requests for manual pages (for example at the man. pag.
d.rast.edit ) deterministically cause crash;
- some functions do crash immediately, f.e. the one designated by the
Display->Display Tool->Tools->Set Region for Selected GeoFrame.
I must decide whether
- these are consequences of my purely syntactical efforts to eliminate
compilation and linking errors without deep understanding of code or
- these are possibly origined from unreliability of my Xt/Xm
- these errors are really included in distribution and it's the time
for me to learn the X11/Motif and try to debug xgrass,(Months?
Years?, perhaps the eternity?)
May I ask you to give me some fixpoints about the questions mentioned
Many thank in advance,
Email: lt660 at ipisun.jpte.hu
H-7632 Pecs, Fulep L. u 26 III/11 Hungary
More information about the grass-dev