[GRASS5] Re: i lost this...

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at uwm.edu
Wed Dec 1 15:51:08 EST 1999

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 02:03:43PM -0600, Bruce_Byars at baylor.edu wrote:
> Bernhard
>
> > Is this intended to also be a development machine for GRASS?
>
> If you want, yes.  We're installing development tools in short order.
> I'm adding gcc 2.95, tcl/tk, etc...... all for Solaris 7.

Okay. Sorry for my other mail.
I guess I was just surprised that you annouced the machine
already, without a reasonalbe shell, mail and compiler.

I should have been more patient.

> > Do you have ssh installed?
> No.  -but- we are running some nice security measures on this end
> now and have it locked down pretty tight.  I look into doing this
> tho'.

The security measures on the site will not help you, if someone
spies on the password in transistion. ssh can be like telnet,
but encrypts the passwords over the line.
	Bernhard
--
Research Assistant, Geog Dept UM-Milwaukee, USA.  (www.uwm.edu/~bernhard)
Free Software Projects and Consulting 		         (intevation.net)