[GRASS5] new mailing list is online

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at uwm.edu
Mon Nov 29 10:43:49 EST 1999

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 08:57:39AM -0600, Bruce_Byars at baylor.edu wrote:
> I wanted to let everyoine know that we've got the mailing
> list up and are now feeding in all the addresses from cerl

> Moderators are me,
> Markus, Lisa, Ed, and Rich.
>
> Anyone have any special requests before we let everyone
> know?

Hmm you are switching from an unmoderated to a moderated list.
I would suggest that you also create an unmoderated list or leave it
unmoderated.

I assume that you just want to meet the spamthread.
Default with other list is, that only subscribed members can post
unmoderated and only the post from people not subscribed will be moderated,
which keeps spam outsite most of the time.

Just to remind: The mailinglist archive will be in sync with that? :)

> Also, grass.baylor.edu webserver is up.  All accounts are
> scheduled to be activated this afternoon (everone on this list
> has one).

Great, thanks.
I will try it later.

> The webserver/ftp server is a Sun Ultra Enterprise
> 256mb ram, 10/100.
Sounds very good.
	Bernhard
--
Research Assistant, Geog Dept UM-Milwaukee, USA.  (www.uwm.edu/~bernhard)
Free Software Projects and Consulting 		         (intevation.net)