[GRASS5] GRASS on parallel CPUs

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Apr 26 06:55:51 EDT 2000

GRASS and parallel processing

>From the current discussion it seems that GRASS
does not support parallel cpu's with much effort.
As many GRASS users might be interested in
using GRASS on clusters: I suggest to start a
project for this with own mailing list. Then
the current GRASS libs (or part of ot or specific
modules) could be re-designed for parallelized
computations.

If there is interest I will create a page for it
and the topic-oriented mailing list "parallelGRASS"
(or whatever).

It would be nice to have GRASS being the only GPL GIS
*and* usable on parallel cpu's.

Markus Neteler