[GRASS5] r.binfer compile problem

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Mon Apr 17 18:02:35 EDT 2000

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Dear developers,
>
> another own compile problem I have with
> r.binfer/Linux.
>
> I have two different platforms running Linux.
>
> A definition in:
> src/raster/r.binfer/binfer.l
> is causing problems.
>
> [row 39]
>
> #ifndef sparc
> #ifndef linux
> int yylineno = 1;
> #endif
> #endif
>
> On machine one above compiles, on machine two I get
> binfer.l: In function 'yylex':
> binfer.l:114: 'yylineno' undeclared (first use in this function)
> binfer.l:114: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> binfer.l:114: for each function it appears in.)
> make: *** [OBJ.i586-linux-elf/lex.o] Error 1
>
> It is quite strange. Any ideas?
>
> If using:
> #ifndef sparc
> int yylineno = 1;
> #endif
>
> machine 1 likes it, machine 2 says: 'yylineno' undeclared.
>
> I don't know how to declare yylineno properly. I need a better
> #ifdef condition sensitive for something else that "linux".
>
> This shall be the final bugfix before GRASS 5 beta7 can be
> released :-)
>
> Best regards
>
>  Markus

Hi again,

i have no definitive answer, only some ideas. I had problems on IRIX
compiling programs that use lex/flex and yacc/bison. I can't remember
how i solved this, but i had the impression that the order in which
libraries (-ll or -lfl) are given on the command line to gcc/linker
matters. You also could check if the makefile calls lex or flex -l
(compatibility mode of flex). Do the two linux machines have different
versions of flex installed? Have no time to dig deeper into lexical
analysing with flex.

cu

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de, A.C.Lange at GMX.net