[GRASS5] What is ESRCH?

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Mon Apr 17 17:29:17 EDT 2000

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi developers,
>
> due to user's request I found the following problem:
>
> The C-code defines ESRCH in some files:
>
> src/libes/raster > grep ESRCH *
> io.c:    return errno != ESRCH;
> new_io.c:    return errno != ESRCH;
>
> but a few compiler do not know this "ESRCH".
> How can I help/change ESRCH to some value?
>
> Regards
>
>    Markus

> length: 855
> max: 0

Hi Markus,

ESRCH is POSIX.1 and defined in sys/errno.h on most standardized
systems.
On IRIX: errno.h:#define ESRCH   3 /* no such process */.

But many quirky systems have no or incomplete header-files installed.

But as Roberto Flor said, this is a problem of the system, no general
compiler or program error. You should verify that errno.h is included in
the source (#include <sys/errno.h>). Everything else is on the users
side.

cu

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de, A.C.Lange at GMX.net