[GRASS5] nviz removal

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Aug 29 05:03:22 EDT 2000

Dear developers,
as we got no answers from the nviz authors,
we have to assume that we will not easily solve the license problem
and have to take action.

As it is illegal to use GRASS5 and nviz code together,
we will have to stop distribution nviz code.

As first step we will shut down the nviz part of the anonymous cvs server.
Then we have to remove it out of the source tarballs and out of the
binaries.

It is a sad situation, but we cannot be blamed for license of nviz.
Maybe demand for nviz will convince the authors in the long view
to make its license compatible with modern GRASS versions.

	Bernhard
The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)