[GRASS5] Compile Grass 5 on Win 32

John Huddleston jhudd at lamar.colostate.edu
Tue Aug 1 08:25:47 EDT 2000

Mike,

The June 27, 2000 ZIP file for Grass5 binaries
assumes you are installing it under /usr/local
so it starts with grass-5.0b.

It is not hard-coded to /usr/local because some
people have no space on the C: drive and they
can create a mount point or a symbolic link
to another drive.

The problem with the unknown operand looks
like you are either not using a bash or sh shell
or you do not have /bin.   Do the command
`ls /bin/sh.exe`   and `cygcheck -v -s -r` and
send the output to me.

See the previous email to Brad on how to mount
the /bin directory if it does not exist.

John Huddleston