[GRASS5] configure.in Wants testers...gl for cygwin

John Huddleston jhudd at lamar.colostate.edu
Sun Dec 31 10:36:22 EST 2000

Eric,  (Grass, Mike, and Andreas)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric G . Miller" <egm2 at jps.net>
To: "grass5" <grass5 at geog.uni-hannover.de>
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2000 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: [GRASS5] configure.in Wants testers...gl for cygwin

<snip>

> Okay, here is what I see for CygWin compatibility:
>
> (1) Need to resolve this yacc vs. bison -y

It is simple to make a symbolic link in /bin as well.  However,
we could test for both.

> (2) Need to include $X_PRE_LIBS, $X_LIBS, -lXext ?, and -lX11 for Tcl/Tk
>     and OpenGL tests.  The OpenGL libes shouldn't be set in the
>     XLIBPATH, but down in the OPENGL... area. Using --x-includes= and
>     --x-libraries= should take care of the funny directory naming under
>     CygWin; no need for an extra --with-x-<whatever> as this is already
>     handled by the AC_XTRA macro.

As you wish.

> (3) IPC is in a separate library under CygWin (-lcygipc).  Will this
>     always be the case? or is it because this functionality is not quite
>     finished? (It's in libc for most systems.)

I think Andreas and Mike are looking at this as well.  We depend
to a great amount on the redhat/cygwin developers for updates to
the cygipc code.   It has always been a separate library from
the main Cygwin distribution.   The  http://cygutils.netpedia.net/V1.1/cygipc/index.html
does not come from the redhat distribution areas nor from the
ftp mirror sites (contrib, latest and xfree).  I do not know the
future of it.

> (4) r3.showdspf can't be compiled due to lack of Motif/Lesstif? and
>     no libGLwM? (this may not be true if libGLw is already compiled with
>     Motif/Lesstif support ????).

There is Lesstif.  The routines in libGLmW have been included in the
three other GL libes.  I'll tackle this compile for us.  Where is it?
What directory?

> (5) libtk80.a and libtcl80.a should already be handled with change made
>     yesterday.

OK

> Is there anything else I missed?

Andreas?  Mike? any comments?