[GRASS5] R_Polygon_abs() Bug report...

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sun Dec 31 02:26:02 EST 2000

While skimming through the BUG list, there's a report about
R_Polygon_abs() ignoring islands.  A little investigation would show
this to be correct.  However, each display driver must implement this
individually, and I only looked at the XDRIVER24 version.

Anyway,  the code is real simple and does not do anything other than
draw a filled polygon based on supplied display coordinates and the
already set fill color.  Presumably it is up to the caller to handle
islands/holes.  However, this is probably not a simple task when drawing
a filled polygon cover over other layers.  Perhaps what is wanted is a
high level vector drawing command such as some of the commands in the
partially functional DISPLAYLIB???  I don't know X well enough to know
if it has a way to handle holes in it's polygon drawing routines.

A little more context for the BUG report seems in order since this
really doesn't seem to be a "bug", but a shortcoming.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>