[GRASS5] configure.in Wants testers...gl for cygwin

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri Dec 29 13:35:46 EST 2000

On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 07:35:49AM -0700, John Huddleston wrote:
> Eric, (Grass)
>
> Using the line
>
> gcc -o gltest gltest.c -lGLU -lGL -L/usr/X11R6.4/lib -lX11 -lSM -lICE -lXext
>
> will compile the test source code that you have in the
> configure script under Cygwin to use the GL libes.

Does it really need all those X libraries?  They are not set anywhere in
src/CMD/head/head.in (only -lX11 and -lXt).  I don't know why the X
libes are in /usr/X11R6.4/lib instead of /usr/X11R6/lib. But this is
what breaks the AC_PATH_XTRA macro for setting X_LIBS.  By the way, the
AC_PATH_XTRA macro will recognize --x-includes=DIR, --x-libraries=DIR,
and --without-x.

Anyway, if -lSM, -lICE, and -lXext are really needed, then we'll have to
modify src/CMD/head/head.in and the Gmakefiles for NVIZ and r3.showdspf.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>