[GRASS5] projection-transformation

Morten Hulden email at protected
Fri Dec 22 18:35:50 EST 2000

Hi All,

Since r.proj changed (beta9) I have had the general (totally subjective)
impression that projections of globe dem maps fit somewhat better than
those done with the old r.proj, but are shifted 0.5-1 resolution units to
the north and 0-0.5 resolution units to the east compared to gs coastline.
This happens in many different projections I have tried (laea, sweden-rt,
finland-ykj, norway-utm33). Your URL and the numbers below support those
observations.

I wonder where this smallish mismatch comes from; could be datum, could be
bug in r.proj or both.

But if this is a bug it's probably unrelated to the much larger mismatch
between the two vector maps.

Morten