[GRASS5] projection-transformation

Roger S. Miller rgrmill at Rt66.com
Fri Dec 22 13:43:21 EST 2000

Looking back at Markus' gif, I see that the digitized lines on the
northwest side of the image are offset to the east of the shoreline
data.  The digitized lines on the east side of the image are offset to
the south-southeast of the shoreline data.

That doesn't look to me like a scaling problem or a linear offset, it
looks like a rotation.  Odd.  The easiest explanation for a rotation is
if the map that your students digitized in arcinfo was incorrectly
registered.

Roger Miller
Lee Wilson and Associates